Total Pageviews

Monday, May 28, 2007

Teotihuacán Pyramids near Mexico City and even a BIKE RACE!!!!



Today was our last and only completely free day to visit historical and cultural places of interest here in Mexico City. With the dog show over we decided to make the 50 Km drive to the pyramids build by the mesoamerican people before the time of the Aztecs. We met a very nice couple while eating breakfast yesterday and decided to go together to share the cost of the trip. Mind you I use the term couple loosely, because this particular couple was without a penis between the two of them. We set out at 8 in the morning and made the 1 hour drive to the north of the city and after sitting in morning traffic (which is a spectacle in itself) finally made it to Teotihuacán. My new lesbian friends and I walked to the top of the pyramid of the sun ( or Sol for my spanish speaking friend). My mother waited at the top of the first level catching her breath. I'm happy to say that my extensive experience in cardio activities enabled me to get to the top first. The view from the top of this pyramid would have been much better if the haze aka pollution was not so bad ( but it is the most polluted city in the world). Videos and pics to follow once I am able to get my hands on a camera cable.

You will never guess what I saw yesterday morning. Do I have you salivating yet..... . I had the pleasure to see a family bike race on the large avenue near my hotel. Don't worry I took pictures of some bikes and the race. It was more of a community ride on one of the largest streets in the city than a race. I did see a few people with were dressed in the correct attire ( I even saw a kit on a kid from Mexico) Many of the people were riding steel "double suspension" mountain bikes. There were only a few road bikes, but I did manage to see a Colnago from at least the 70's (very cool), a few bianchi's, and best of all an
ORBEA!!!! (but alas it was a mountain bike) I felt relatively confident that I would have been able to drop all but a few people in the race. I got a few weird looks for taking picture of people's bikes. This bike race was accompanied with a women only 5 k run(walk). Any way it is time for me to go back to a restaurant that we at a few days ago that has possibly the best mexcian food in the world. Their daily special on mondays is mole ploblano, muy delicioso! I will have some time to kill in the airport tomorrow, so be expecting an update. And unless it is too much trouble post a comment you bastards!

4 comments:

Senior Administration Official said...

Mind you I use the term couple loosely, because this particular couple was without a penis between the two of them.

Last I checked, Dana, the definition of a 'couple' did not include the Y chromosome or penis of any sort as a necessary condition.

Otherwise, this was a good update.

Dana said...

I included that partucular phrase inorder to get a rise out of one of my fellow readers, although it is still a commonly held view that a couple consists of a man and a women, much like the sancitity of marriage (even if that is not what I believe).thanks for the comment.

Evan Sandstrom said...

Good update, glad you can win a family bike race. With some mountain bikers in the field good work. Stop talking in spanish, it just makes me angry, I'd rather not think about it.
-E strong

Senior Administration Official said...

Evan makes a good point. What's up with all these Spaniards invading Mexico? Our neighbor to the south is going to lose its national language.

Every nonnative-speaking infidel must leave immediately, unless one is a member of a [2 member] [heterosexual] [mono-racial] [monogamous] [more to be added later] couple that has one and only one sexual organ known by the scientific name of 'penis'.