Total Pageviews

Wednesday, May 23, 2007

Leaving for Mexico City

For those of you who don't know I am now in Mexico City sitting at the lobby bar working on a looong over due update. This trip had a very insteresting start. I went out to dinner with my new older lady friend the night before I left. After an uneventful dinner, I returned back to my casa and got the rest of my things together for the trip. I then went to her house in Kersey to spend some quality time with her before I had to continue to my mothers house to leave for the airport the following morning. When I got to Kersey I walked in the door to a very dejected looking lady friend. I soon discovered that one of her children, yes she has two kids, was in trouble for something. Learning all of the juicy details, I discovered that the daughter was caught trying to steal a shirt from the Greeley mall.(This is after going shopping with mother earlier that day) I found out that she sent the father(x-husband) to bail out the daughter from the loss prevention office at the mall. This put a serious damper on our "quality time". We then discover that the store had decided to involve GPD (Greeley Police Department). We figured that this would buy us some time. One thing led to another and to keep this post PG-13, we were indisposed when the doorbell rang. I then got to listen to lady friend and X argue about the punishment while sitting in the master bedroom in the dark, hoping not to be discovered by said x-husband. Pretty Funny.

My flight down to Mexico City was uneventful except for the fact that my mother brought the dog on the airplane as a service dog aka seeing eye, complete with a home made leather harness. The dog layed down at our feet taking up every inch of foot room infront of myself and my mother. Because of this dog in the airport I was forced to become the center of attention at the ariport. I had to field questions from all sorts of people about what the dog was for ( and I could not say that we were just swindling the system). We were even stopped in Mexico's airport so a senior could take a photo of the dog. We spent our first day (today) going over the dog show site (yes we were here for a dog show) and then we did some sightseeing. We went to the palacio nacional which houses many of Diego Rivera's epic murals. I would be including pictures, but my mother neglected to bring the camera cord home from work, so I am unable to upload pics. Any way I guess that is all for now Adios y buenos Noche!

2 comments:

Senior Administration Official said...

Dana, the lady friend story is completely awesome.

Anonymous said...

sounds like you are living a life on the edge there with the old husband. make sure to say hi to all the pretty ladies. i have a story about two girls and a hot tub. it was pretty interesting to say. have fun!