Total Pageviews

Monday, August 13, 2007

I can't believe that it is August 13th

Every one loves needle point owls!


Greetings to all my naked legged friends out there. I decided that I have accumulated enough pictures to formulate a post that is worthy of your time. Not much has changed since my last post. Still working in boulder and commuting back to g-reality for second half of the week. I'm not really sure how people maintain their sanity whilst being imprisoned to a desk for 40 hours a week. I'm only working 30'ish hours a week, and what I do here I can't in all honesty call "work". It takes a special person to stand for this torture. My leg is still attached, and healing slowly. I will be going back to the doctor in 10 day to get a new cast that will be a little smaller than the current one, just below the knee. This will be just in time to have the new cast before my 15th semester of school starts. It is going to be interesting to see what my professors say when they discover that I am unable to ambulate during my clinical hours that are required every semester.



Here is a picture of the flatirons coming into boulder

This is me driving after I realized that I left the Rudy Projects in Greeley. Note still in the greatest chick magnet in the entire world - the mini-VAN!
A little democratic propaganda for you ( on the side of some ones car)
When I captured this piece of photographic genius, I was under the impression that there were colors associated with the democratic and republican parties, blue and red retrospectively. When I asked my republican lady friend, she did not feel that this association was legitimate. She instead took it to be a relic of the Cold War and those fascist communists. So the jury is still out on if this is a anti republican or anti communist slogan.
Here I am with 2 of my second cousins, both of which share my fantastic last name. We were in sterling for a 40th wedding anniversary of a family member. The party was at the Knights of Columbus building. The air conditioning worked about as well as the time period for which the building was named after. I was fortunate enough to have my father wanting us to leave this sweaty sauna of a place much earlier than my fellow cousins.
Keeping with Brian's theme, I shot a few pics of dinner yesterday. I made a take off of a basil pesto. I didn't want to stay with tradition and took a Mexican foot path to this delicious dish. A traditional pesto 5 ingredients; basil, pine nuts, olive oil, garlic, and Parmesan cheese. The dish consisted of cilantro, pumpkin seeds, manchego cheese, garlic, and olive oil. The usual piece of kitchen equipment for this production is a food processor, but I didn't have access to one of these, so I was forced to use a blender. This got the job accomplished, but took about 4-5 times long as the correct piece of equipment.


Here is the penne after I added the "pesto"!


The post would not be complete without the a finished product. It was very delicious. Although I failed to document the wine, I did have a great glass of German Riesling to accompany this fantastic new recipe


I guess thats all for today try to stay cool in this hellish heat


3 comments:

Senior Administration Official said...

Dearest Dana,

I'm loving your new update style. I really do think you should break your legs more often.

A few notes, before I set to work:

Your Republican lady friend is correct in the presumption that "Better Dead Than Red" is an anti-communist slogan (or, to be more correct, an anti-Soviet Union slogan). However, I would also claim that blue is the traditional Democratic color, while red is that of the Grand Ol' Party.

(As a side note, it's important to capitalize Democrat and Republican if you're referring to the proper nouns (i.e., parties). The meaning of Democrat and Republican is very different from that of democrat and republican.)

Your dinner looks absolutely delicious. You really must teach me a thing or two, especially after my manicotti turned out below expectations.

A. Lewis said...

Dana,
Where's the new update? It was good to talk to you the other day. Hopefully the Fall Bazare(sp) went well and you got a few more e-mails and enjoyed the eye candy. . .

Anonymous said...

If it takes breaking a few bones to get a consistent blog update, consider yourself a marked man by the mob.

UPDATE!