Total Pageviews

Friday, August 31, 2007

I can bend my knee again, sort of.

I'm not even sure where to start. I have been back in Greality for a little over a week. I have spent the last 4 nights sleeping in one place (my apartment). I have not spent 4 consecutive nights in the same place in almost 11 weeks. Last Friday was the "Rec Fest" at the university rec center. Unlike last year I was aware of this engagement before the date. Let me tell you a little something about gettting to the rec center when you are handicapped. It is quite a haul from the main parking lot to the west of the rec center. Fear not, I made it to the door after fighting my way through a very long line of freshmen. When I finally got the small gym where the tables for club sports was set up, I discovered that I had to share a table with another club, any guesses....The fencing club. I thought to myself why the fencing club. Any way I could only take that torture for about 90 minutes or so. I followed up that boring endeavor with another hot event, the fall bizarre . We got better interest that we got last year, but it was almost 100 degrees and I am still a cripple. My 15th semester started on tuesday with a large amount of trepidation about putting up with the bull shit again. I did however pick a good time to hurt myself, I have got the green light from my clinical teachers to work as a cripple.



Here is the new below the knee cast that I have about 3 weeks left to wear. I have had to completely regain the range of motion in my knee that I had before the 10 week imprisonment. Note the very classy shoe that I was blessed to probably pay $300 dollars for. I can now bare about 50-70 % of my body weight on this great blue leg. I was planning on going out to purchase a cane today, but I have not made it to the store yet. I have achieved about 80-90 degrees of knee flexion, which still is not enough to complete a whole rotation of the pedals. I think that I will have to wait until i get this cast off to start "riding" again.

Here I am working really hard with two computers surfing and downloading things
(not actually doing any real work)


This is Bentley the most spoiled of all the dogs at my moms house, He is the only one that gets to sleep on her bed.


This was his best attempt to get a nose print on the lens of my camera. He also tries very hard to leave a nose print on recently cleaned sun glasses.




This is me at the Greeley kennel Club dog show a few weeks ago. If you look closely you can see the show rings in my glasses.



This was a competitor at the dog show, note the very large bald spot and the compensating long rat tail. Who has a rat tail when they are at least 50 and bald?


I was trying to show just how dirty the first cast got by the end of 8 weeks. Sorry the lighting was not very good.

I took this picture while I was driving back to Boulder from Sterling, picking my dad up to buy a new car. These sun flowers were wild growing on both sides of the road along I-76, some times as far as the eye could see. My dad who has driven this road for 50 years or so, said the flowers had never been this vibrant.


Here is my dad standing in front of his new 2004 VW passat 4 motion, which I helped him find and buy. He paid cash for the car and it still took us the entire day to take possession of his new car. His last new car was in 1990.


Thats all I have for now. I will be updating with pic of the first cycling meeting of the new semester in about a week.

5 comments:

Senior Administration Official said...

At the cycling meeting next week, ask each newbie to roll up their pant legs so you can check out their legs. Tell the potential member with the smallest calves that his or her calves are below subpar and she/he should consider another sport such as fencing.

Senior Administration Official said...

IT IS YOUR DUTY AS TEAM PRESIDENT.

Anonymous said...

This is my first post I'd like to congratulate you for such a terrific made forum!
I was sure this would be a perfect way to make my first post!

Sincerely,
Hilary Driscoll
if you're ever bored check out my site!
[url=http://www.partyopedia.com/articles/luau-party-supplies.html]luau Party Supplies[/url].

Anonymous said...

[url=http://kfarbair.com][img]http://www.kfarbair.com/_images/_photos/photo_big7.jpg[/img][/url]

בית מלון [url=http://www.kfarbair.com]כפר בעיר[/url] - שלווה, [url=http://www.kfarbair.com/about.html]חדרים[/url] מרווחים, אינטימיות, [url=http://kfarbair.com/services.html]שקט[/url] . אנו מספקים שירותי אירוח מיוחדים גם ישנו במקום שירות חדרים הכולל [url=http://www.kfarbair.com/eng/index.html]אחרוחות רומנטיות[/url] במחירים מפתיעים אשר יוגשו ישירות לחדרכם!

לפרטים נא גשו לאתר האינטרנט שלנו - [url=http://kfarbair.com]כפר בעיר[/url] [url=http://www.kfarbair.com/contact.html][img]http://www.kfarbair.com/_images/apixel.gif[/img][/url]

Anonymous said...

Hello. My wife and I bought our house about 6 months ago. It was a foreclosure and we were able to get a great deal on it. We also took advantage of the 8K tax credit so that definitely helped. We did an extensive remodeling job and now I want to refinance to cut the term to a 20 or 15 year loan. Does anyone know any good sites for mortgage information? Thanks!

Mike