Total Pageviews

Tuesday, September 04, 2007

Labor Day Weekend in Eagle County

I hope all of my fellow reader had a good holiday weekend. I made my way up into the mountains for a weekend with Koch and E-Strong. I arrived at Koch's house just in time to go out to the bars. Thanks to Matt's roommate, Jeremy, I had a cane to walk my crippled ass around instead of toating around the single crutch. Apparently some time during the drunkiness I agreed to go the mountain bike race with Evan on Sunday morning. Because of this blunder on my part, I was awoken up at 6 in the morning by Evan's bushy afro head. We made our way from Edwards to Keystone so Evan could pay some money to suffer for a few hours. The picture below sums up how Evan and I felt Sunday morning.

Its ok Evan, I was tired to. Evan finished the 18 miles of cross country in the fast time of 3 hours or so. That a boy!


This man was riding a unicycle down the finish of the race that came down a blue ski run. I'm certain that I would have had difficulty riding down this run on a mountain bike. Later I saw this man riding his unicycle with his daughter (also on a unicycle) who was probably 10-12.


This was taken on labor day at 1:30pm on my way back to Denver in Frisco. The temperature was absolutely perfect. I am ready for summer to be over! I had to stop and get gas because I knew I may hit some bad traffic.

I knew when I went up to the Mountains that I had the potential to get stuck in the holiday weekend traffic on my way back to Denver. Man, did I hit traffic. I got stuck about a third of the way up the hill to the tunnel.

This is me waiting patiently on the I-70 parking lot. It was really boring

I have officially started driving with my right foot again! Back in the game baby.



Another great shot of the I-70 parking lot

Required materials for a drive of this length, too bad my I-pod battery ran out about half way home. It took me 4.5 hours to get home. It only took me 2.5 hours to get to Vail on Saturday. So I spent 2 extra hours in traffic, fun times let me tell you.

1 comment:

Senior Administration Official said...

You never returned my telephone call. I am very bitter.