Total Pageviews

Friday, May 25, 2007

Floating gardens a bust

Today I was blessed not to have to make the long and boaring journey to the dog show. Instead I slept in and then had to figure out how to describe to a driver on the phone where and how to pick my mother up from the show ground. With my limited spanish skills this was quite the challenge. I would say that my spanish skills are similar to Evan's (not good). When my mother finally returned to the hotel, she was intent on going and dpending one of our few sightseeing days at this place called the floating gardens. 1e aquired a driver for the approx 1 hour trip across the entire city to the south. We made our way to the edge of the canal system in which a large number of boats that were so brightly coloured (that's for my european friends) that if you looked uppon them for to long blindness was certainly to follow. We boarded a boat that way surrounded by other boats on all sides. We then some how got the boats around us to part like moses and the red sea to allow us passage onto the canal system. The propulsion system was a man with a large stick much like you would see in venice, but with none of the class. We were them bombarded by merchants peddling their crappy tourist items via smaller boats. I think that I have said "no gracis" so many times that I will be saying it in my sleep. Apparently the gardens which were susposed to be breath taking are still in the dead stage of life. We went about 2 k up the canal and turned around and continued back the way we came. The total elasped time of said boat ride to look at the non existant gardens 38 minutes. The price for the fabulous forae on a dirty canal 300 pesos ($30 for my american friends.) We then had to endure horendous friday afternoon traffic to get back to the hotel so we could again return to the god forsaken dog show to engage in more waiting and sitting on a concrete floor until I no longer have feeling in the lower 2/3 of my body. As I am sitting here writing this a black lab owned by a mexican rescue team member took the liberty to squat and take a massive shit about 15 feet away from where I am sitting. How joyfully plesant! Let me asure you that this was not the first occurance of a dog performing this action in my immediate vaccinity. The only benefit that I can possibly see from todays adventure was getting to see much of the city from the back seat of a car. I drove right by the national university which according to my driver has 250,000 students. + guess I am out of inspiration, thanks for suffering through my slaughter of the english language. Adios para ahora.

No comments: