Total Pageviews

Saturday, January 26, 2008

Elivs and More...

I had the pleasure to accompany my fabulous girl friend to the gala of wine tasting to benefit Connections, which helps disabled people in Weld County. To my surprise the king was there, rhine stones and all. Apparently he has good taste, because he plucked Lova out of the crowd to dance with him. I'm sure you are asking yourself if I was jealous, maybe a little. We tasted some wines, although I didn't taste any that are worth reporting here. All in all, it was a fun evening, and for a good cause.

In true Brian fashion, here is my first self portrait taken whilst riding my bike earlier today with my new digital camera that I got from Lova-clause for Christmas. It was finally warm enough not only to ride my bike with some level of comfort, but I didn't even have to cover my ears.

Here is another tribute to the blogging skills of our white house staffer, the handle bar/ leg shot. If you maximise the picture you will notice that I am riding within the correct heart rate range at 143 beats per minute. Today was my first official day of "base" and I was constantly battling to keep my heart rate at an acceptable rate.

This is a picture of a very popular sport in the country, mail box baseball. In case you are wondering tampering with mailboxes is a federal offense and a felony to boot.

Since the majority of my faithful readers are no longer in the Greeley area, I thought that I would update you on the status of an intersection I'm sure you are familiar with. It is the intersection of CR 53 and HW 34 in Kersey. A 16 year old was killed at this intersection earlier this summer by a semi truck. I think it was the 3rd fatality and CDOT decided that they would put in a light even though the death toll is usually 4 to get a light at an intersection. Upon zooming you will also notice that the truck in the intersection is carrying sugar beets, big business in Northern Colorado.

The first meeting of the Biking team went well, we had 8 people show up. It seems like it will be a good group of guys that are excited to race this season. I have been playing the waiting game with the President of CU's team, trying to get the details figured out for the weekend of racing that we are sharing over Easter weekend. After waiting 4 days I was able to use the power of the World Wide Web to find his telephone number. I called and had a good talk, he even said that he was willing to give us Saturday, because the turn may be better than on Easter. The first team ride is tomorrow, check back for pictures. Until my next moment of genius...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Dana,
Solid post man, good to see your out on the bike. It's about time they put in a light there, it was sketchtacular there!
-E Strong